The Grivel Machine 3.0 is a stealthy beast for icy routes. The head and shaft are forged into a single piece to suit technical ice and dry tooling. The shaft has a shallower rake than some tools, which works well on low-angled and moderate terrain. ICE pick is tapered at the tip to stick without a lot of ice displacement, and it cleans easily, so you're not wasting energy.
- Hot forged shaft is T-rated as a technical tool.
- Includes a 3mm Grivel ICE pick, aggressively curved and tapered for penetration in thin ice.
- Compatible with the Grivel MIX pick for bony conditions.
- No hammer or adze for this model.
- Finger rest allows you to choke up on the shaft.
- Foam on grip adds vibration dampening and insulation from the cold.
|Ideal for||Ice climbing|
|Shaft material||Chromoly steel|