Blast through sloppy switchbacks and slippery routes. The waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX® construction is built for all-weather running on tough terrain. Grippy rubber is formed into aggressive, multi-direction tread for traction on sloppy surfaces. And a midfoot support band is integrated into the lacing system to provide an overall snug fit and feel, especially helpful on uneven ground.
- Uppers are synthetic mesh with RunDry lining in the collar that wicks moisture effectively and feels soft.
- GORE-TEX waterproof-breathable bootie construction. Gaiter compatible.
- Pro-Lock supportive straps around the midfoot lock and secure your foot.
- Heel-to-toe PowerGrid inserts absorb impacts and distribute pressure for a smooth and responsive ride.
- External Bedrock outsole plate shields your forefoot from bruising.
- Midsoles are EVA that maximizes rebound and durability while minimizing weight.
- Outsoles are Vibram® XS-Trek Compound rubber for grip and durability.
- Multidirectional lugs see you safely around curves.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.