Designed with cross-specific geometry, the X-Ride packages together the strength of Ridley's aggressive entry-level CX frame with the handling and agility of the classic X-Fire model. Manufactured from high quality, triple-butted hydroformed aluminum and fitted with Avid BB7 disc brakes for well-modulated stopping power, this bike's full-carbon 4ZA Oryx fork offers nimble navigation, a higher bottom bracket for more pedal clearance, and top-routed cables for maneuvering through the course obstacles. An impressive build kit from SRAM delivers clean shifts and efficient power transfer, with a reliable 4ZA cockpit for the performance you need at a competitive price point.
- Triple-butted hydroformed 7005 series T6 aluminum frame.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Flat sections on seatstays add comfort by dissipating and absorbing road vibration.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Internal cable routing is clean, aero, and gives mud fewer places to collect (because there will be mud). Compatible with both electronic and mechanical shifting.
- SRAM 11-speed drivetrain delivers smooth, efficient power transfer from rider to road.
- Avid BB7 brakes have outstanding lever feel, catch instantly, and boast easily controlled modulation.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Ride Disc 7005 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Avid BB7 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (front)||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Force|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer 46-36T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Exo|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-28T|
|Rims||4ZA RX 31|
|Tires||Clement PDX 700 x 33|