A well-ventilated helmet with an amazing fit and audio controls that let you hook up a mobile phone or media player. The speakers are removable and the front vents operate with a single switch, so the helmet adapts and scales to match your plans.
- EPS foam bonded to ABS shell for comfort and durability.
- Combined passive and active venting keeps your brain cool. Open vents to increase airflow with the flick of a switch.
- Goggle vents under the brim keep your eyewear clear.
- Fit system combines an adjustable dial with an integrated web in the liner to eliminate pressure points.
- Full coverage liner provides gap-free comfort for a perfect fit and removes for washing.
- Mesh around the crown of the liner wicks moisture and breathes to prevent overheating.
- Level 3 Baseline Audio System includes removable speakers, detachable cord, and an improved on-cord controller for pause/play and answer/hang up.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).