Nike Free 5.0 Flash Road Running Shoes - Men's
With a 5.0+ rating, these shoes are at the centre of Nike’s classic-to-barefoot spectrum, so you get a balance of protection and freedom for your road time. The woven uppers provide venting and a standout look, while hexagonal grooves in the bottoms allow full natural motion.
- Uppers are woven mesh for lightness, durability and breathability.
- Thin mesh panels in the midfeet increase airflow.
- No-sew overlays throughout provide support and durability without added weight.
- Minimal, molded sockliners mimic foot curvature to add support.
- Flywire technology supports from the ground up, with the cords originating in the sole. Customizable through the laces, they hug your arch for a dynamic, supportive fit.
- Phylite midsoles/outsoles provide a resilient ride while reducing weight.
- Hexagonal flex grooves provide 6 flex points for articulation and smooth transitions.
- Pistons in the waffle outsoles absorb impact and then spring back for added responsiveness.
- Solid rubber under the toes adds traction, BRS 1000 carbon rubber in the heels enhances durability.
|Ideal for||Road running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.