Excelent protection equipped with conveniences like climate control and audio-ready earpads.
- Hybrid shell construction fuses a bomber ABS shell on top with lightweight in-mould polycarbonate on the bottom.
- EPS foam liner for comfort and durability.
- AirEvac 2 ventilation drives warm air away from goggles through 18 external vents and internal channels in the liner.
- Regulator climate control system can be opened or closed for venting.
- Adjustable Boa Fit System uses an intuitive dial for single-handed micro adjustment.
- Lining features silver-coated fibre to inhibit growth of odour-causing microbes and keep you warmer in the cool and cooler in the heat.
- Form fitting ear pads are removable and washable.
- Goggle clip is removable and helmet is contoured to match up with the curvature of Smith goggles to eliminate gaps.
- Compatible with Skullcandy helmet audio systems.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Shell material||ABS + Polycarbonate|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).