Patagonia Houdini Jacket - Women's
Outfit your pack or running vest with a secret, weather-resistant weapon. The Houdini is a versatile windshell that scrunches down into into a tiny 100-gram packet (about the size of a kiwi). The DWR finish provides protection from wind gusts and precipitation and will see you through misty trail runs, fairweather hikes and routes that take up into the clouds.
- Made from ripstop nylon with a DWR finish that blocks wind and sheds light precipitation.
- One-pull adjustable hood won’t block your peripheral vision.
- Packs into its own zippered chest pocket.
- Reinforced carabiner loop lets you clip it your rack.
- Reflective logos on back of neck and left chest increase nighttime visibility.
- Elastic cuffs and drawcord hem keep wind out.
- Streamlined fit works over a base layer or lightweight close-fitting mid-layer.
|Face fabric||15-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.