Rock, paper, scissors. Win and you get the plum pitches, lose and you’re on belay duty. Either way, you're racking up at the base of a route, so everyone is happy. The RPS Pants are made of durable soft shell, excellent for summer alpine routes, as it blocks wind and sheds water with a DWR finish. Articulated knees and a gusseted crotch facilitate high stepping and drop-knee moves, while the Patagonia OppoSet waist customizes the fit and slides under a harness or hipbelt. Back pockets reinforce the seat, front pockets are mesh lined for ventilation and a thigh pocket is accessible under a harness.
- Made of nylon and polyester stretch woven soft shell with DWR finish and mechanical stretch.
- Zippered fly and belt loops, with Patagonia OppoSet waist adjustment that's customizable and sits comfortably under a waistbelt.
- Drop-in hand pocket have breathable mesh pocket liners, darts for lay-flat entry and a coin-catch bartack that doubles a brush holder for cleaning crux holds.
- Back pockets reinforce the seat and add durability.
- Right thigh pocket sits above the knee and below the leg loops.
- Adjustable leg cuffs have low-profile shockcord and sliding knot to secure them over your boots.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted crotch|