Want to get into cross-country riding without breaking the bank? The Kato 3 combines a high quality 7005 aluminum frame, RST Blaze RLO Shock with 120mm of travel and Shimano components to deliver a bike nimble enough for singletrack lines and light enough for long climbs. The Kato runs a 27.5in. wheel to create a smooth ride like a 29er wheel, with the quicker response of a 26in. wheel. You end up with a soft, agile ride that handles whatever bumps and turns are down the trail.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- RST Blaze RLO shock with 120mm of travel soaks up bumps and creates a smooth ride.
- 27.5in. wheels give a smooth ride but stays nimble through the corners.
- Reliable Shimano components deliver smooth shifting.
- Hydraulic disc brakes.
- Equipped with Ghost Flats pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze RLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 371 44-32-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|