Like the rest of the Lanao line, the Ghost Lanao 3 is precisely engineered for women. Ghost put a new twist on the straight dropped top tube found on most women’s bikes. The curve makes the bike safer and easier to stand over, without compromising its strength or agility. Shimano® components deliver clean shifting, plenty of speed, and reliable velocity control. A handlebar-mounted thumb switch allows on-the-fly control of the SR Suntour suspension’s speed-lock and rebound adjust. 650B wheels marry the smoothness of 29ers to the agility of 26ers, letting you flow effortlessly along forest paths and take bends at speed. Cross-country rides and rolling hills never felt so good.
- Female-specific 7005 DB aluminum frame for an ergonomic fit, precise handling, and good weight distribution.
- SR Suntour suspension with remote speed lock and rebound adjust.
- Outfitted with Shimano components, including Deore and XT.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- Schwalbe Smart Sam tires provide excellent traction on nearly any surface.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lanao 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour 32 XCR RL-R|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 371 44-32-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|