Introducing the Kato 3’s bigger, better counterpart. Upgraded Shimano components and a beefier SR Suntour front suspension means you can finally head down the black diamond trail you’ve been eyeing all season. The 27.5in. wheels give the smooth ride of a 29er but have all the quick response of a 26in. wheel. The result is a soft, yet responsive ride regardless of the bumps and turns you encounter down the trail.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- SR Suntour XCR AIR RLO front shock with 120mm of travel soaks up bumps and creates a smooth ride.
- 27.5in. wheels give a smooth ride but are nimble through the corners.
- Reliable Shimano XT and Deore and Deore SL components deliver smooth shifting.
- Hydraulic disc brakes.
- Equipped with Ghost Flats pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR AIR RLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 523 40-30-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-ES25|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|