A cross-country hardtail that rolls over the landscape on 29-inch wheels. The 29er wheels have the mechanics of size to help them maintain momentum and roll smoothly over rough trails. The Tacana line up features Ghost's oversized head tube, which improves the transfer of force from the fork to the frame. The broad tube adds torsional strength to the frame so it withstands stress and feels crisp and responsive when you're riding rough, lumpy ground.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Fork features up to 100mm (4in.) of travel to eat up the bumps.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide more power and better modulation than cable systems
- Reliable Shimano components deliver smooth shifting.
- Equipped with Ghost Flats pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Tacana 29 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCM RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano FD-TX50|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 171 42-34-24T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG31 8-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|