A cross-country hardtail that rolls over the landscape on 29-inch wheels. The 29er wheels have the mechanics of size to help them maintain momentum and roll smoothly over rough trails. The Tacana line up features Ghost's oversized head tube, which improves the transfer of force from the fork to the frame. The broad tube adds torsional strength to the frame so it withstands stress and feels crisp and responsive when you're riding rough, lumpy ground. The Tacana 4 is outfitted with a remote control on the bars to control the suspension of the Rock Shox XC 28 Poploc to adapt to changing angles and terrain features.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Handlebar remote controls the Rock Shox XC 28 Poploc fork with 100mm (4in.) of travel.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
- Basket of Shimano components deliver smooth shifting and precise stopping.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Tacana 29 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 28 XC PopLoc|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 4000 40-30-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-ES25|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|