For aspiring off-road riders, the Kato line is cost-effective, but in no way cheap. Ghost designed the Kato FS 5 Bike to be affordable, but decked out with features borrowed from its top-of-the-line models. Their famous 4-bar frame linkage lets you brake hard without compromising the performance of the Fox Float CTD XV rear shock. The Fox fork has 130mm of travel to keep you focussed on your flow, and 3 adjustments (climb, trail descend) so you can tailor your ride to changing terrain. With 650B wheels and Shimano components – including the XT Plus rear derailleur – this rig provides fast, smooth riding with agility for mountain touring and technical trails.
- 7005 DB aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur has a one-way ratcheting cam that prevents your rear derailleur and chain from bouncing around down tricky lines.
- Fox front and rear suspension feature the responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position damping for quick adjustment to changing terrain.
- Shimano Deore and XT components deliver speed and control, and big 180mm hydraulic disc brakes provide precise stopping power.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- 650B wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29 and 26-inch rig.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Evolution O/C CTD|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD XV|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Deore (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Deore|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|