For aspiring off-road riders, the Kato line is cost-effective, but in no way cheap. Ghost designed the Kato FS 7 Bike to be affordable, but decked out with features borrowed from its top-of-the-line models. Their famous 4-bar frame linkage lets you brake hard without compromising the performance of suspension system. Fox shocks, with a Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position lever allow for fast adjustment to changing terrain and keep you focused on flow. High-end Shimano drivetrain components include an XT Plus rear derailleur with a one-way ratcheting cam that keeps it from bouncing as you ride rough and technical terrain. It's grounded with 650B wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29 and 26-inch rig, and provide fast, smooth riding with agility for mountain touring.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Shimano XT components deliver speed and control, with near instant shifts and the precise stopping power of 180mm disc brakes.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Evolution O/C CTD|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD XV|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|