The Ghost Lanao FS 2 is a full-suspension cross-country ride with a frame built for women. Engineers put a new twist on the straight dropped top tube found on most women’s bikes. The curve in the tube makes the bike safer and easier to stand over, without compromising its strength or agility. Their famous 4-bar frame linkage lets you brake hard without compromising the performance of the X-Fusion O2 rear shock. And the RST fork has 130mm of travel to keep you focussed on your flow, and a remote lockout so you can tailor your ride to changing terrain.
- Female-specific 7005-series DB aluminum frame for an ergonomic fit, precise handling and good weight distribution.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- RST Ariel Air RLO front suspension has a remote lockout for changes on the move.
- X-Fusion O2 RL rear shock gives you options to adjust the compression and the rebound, and 120mm of travel to soak up bumps.
- 4-bar linkage prevents braking forces from diminishing suspension performance, and guarantees maximum pedal efficiency and traction both up and down the hill.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Shimano® components give you speed and control with near instant shifts.
- Precise velocity control with Tektro mechanical disc brakes.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- 650B wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29 and 26-inch rig.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Lanao FS 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RST Ariel Air RLO|
|Rear shock||X-Fusion O2 RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus Rapid Fire|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 371 44-32-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano UN-26|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|