The Ghost Lanao FS 7 is a full-suspension ride designed by women for women. R&D Engineer Tina Kutschki put a new twist on the straight dropped toptube found on most women’s bikes. The curve in the tube makes the bike safer and easier to stand over, without compromising its strength or agility. 650B wheels marry the agility of 26ers with the smoothness of 29ers to create very nimble, extra stable traction. The Fox® suspension has a climb/trail/descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever for fast responses to changing terrain. 130mm of travel in the front and 120mm in the back soak up the shake on your all-mountain tours.
- Female-specific 7000-series frame for an ergonomic fit, precise handling, and good weight distribution.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Four Bar Linkage prevents braking forces from diminishing suspension performance, and guarantees maximum pedal efficiency and traction both up and down the hill.
- Shimano XT components give you the speed and control you need, with near instant shifts and precise velocity control with the big (180mm) disc brakes.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost Lanao FS 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Evolution O/C CTD|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD XV|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|