The best possible performance in any kind of terrain. The Cagua 5 features the 27.5 (650 B) wheel size that has the smooth rolling feel of a 29'er with the quick handling and agility of a smaller wheel size. The frame of the 2015 Cagua 5 retools the legendary Cagua 6550. It keeps the low and nimble center of gravity and flat steering angle, but sheds 10% of the weight. A one-way ratcheting cam keeps the XT Plus derailleur from bouncing as you ride rough and technical terrain. The bike includes the LEV Integra seatpost with 125mm of travel, an adjustable return speed, and internal cable routing. And a 12mm rear axle and 15mm front axle ensure the wheels track perfectly, so the bike goes exactly where you point it. Shimano XT brakes handle the velocity control, and for serious stopping power a combination 203mm rotor up front and a 180mm in the rear isn't an aftermarket upgrade but a stock setup.
- Reinforced, lightweight aluminum frame with sophisticated details like hydroformed tubing and specific chainstay length.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- LEV Integra seat post has 125mm of travel (100mm on the Extra Small) and adjustable return speed.
- Rear shock has a responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever for fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- ISCG (International Standard Chain Guide) uses a standard 3-point system to mount the chain guides directly to the bottom bracket area, so mounting no longer requires disassembly of the bottom bracket.
- Shimano XT components for fast, crisp shifting.
- 12mm rear axle and 15mm front axle ensure perfect wheel tracking.
- Four Bar Linkage: braking forces don´t influence suspension performance, for maximum pedal efficiency and traction when ascending and descending.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Cagua 650B 7005 DB SCL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Talas 34 Air O/C CTD 2-position|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD BV SV XV|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer super light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Hans Dampf 27.5 x 2.35|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta|