Context is everything. The average additional 20mm of travel on LT (Long Travel) 29er wheels is equivalent to 40mm on a 26-inch ride. That’s some sweet math: the great rolling momentum of big wheels, plus extra travel over cross-country terrain. 130mm of travel on the front fork with lockout technology on the rear shock provides give or firmness as needed. A mix of Shimano components give you fast crisp shifts and keep the velocity in check. Everything rides on a lightweight aluminum frame that’s both burly and perfectly matched to the suspension and components.
- Hydro-formed frame does not use standard tube sets, allowing Ghost to customize all elements and tune the bike precisely to their engineer's specifications.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Four Bar Linkage prevents braking forces from affecting suspension performance, to guarantee maximum pedal efficiency and traction both up and down the hill.
- Reverse hanger tech (hanger mounted inside the chainstay) offers more direct shifting and less bending stress during shifting.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 DB SCL aluminum|
|Rear shock||X-Fusion O2 RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M396 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M396 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1224|