Context is everything. The average additional 20mm of travel on LT (Long Travel) 29er wheels is equivalent to 40mm on a 26-inch ride. That’s some sweet math: the great rolling momentum of big wheels, plus extra travel over cross-country terrain. A remote adjustment lets you tune the suspension of the Fox Shocks front fork on the fly, while the Boost Valve technology on the rear shock provides give or firmness as needed. A responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever allows fast adjustment to changing terrain. Shimano XT components give you fast crisp shifts and keep the velocity in check. Everything rides on a lightweight aluminum frame that’s both burly and perfectly matched to the suspension and components.
- Hydro-formed frame does not use standard tube sets, allowing Ghost to customize all elements and tune the bike precisely to their engineer's specifications.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Four Bar Linkage prevents braking forces from affecting suspension performance, to guarantee maximum pedal efficiency and traction both up and down the hill.
- Reverse hanger tech (hanger mounted inside the chainstay) offers more direct shifting and less bending stress during shifting.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 DB SCL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air FIT CTD|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD BV SV|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta|