From fast single tracks to fast bike lanes, the AMR is designed for riders who never leave their bike at home. Huge Rocket Ron tires roll over whatever’s down trail while the Fox suspension soaks up the bumps for a ride smoother than a city street. During long climbs your quads will love the lightweight carbon fibre and aluminum frame and the ability to lock out the suspension. Ghost’s THT frame technology creates a stiffer frame so you get more direct steering and better control and large disc brakes provide maximum stopping power. Heavy breaking doesn’t affect the suspension thanks to Ghost’s Four Bar Linkage, which also and guarantees maximum pedal efficiency and traction whether you’re going up or down.
- Ghost Toray T-700 high molecular carbon fibreand aluminum frame.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Four Bar Linkage prevents braking forces from affecting suspension performance, to guarantee maximum pedal efficiency and traction both up and down the hill.
- Bearing shells are directly pressed, not screwed, into the bottom bracket housing without an extra aluminum insert. The increased housing width increases stiffness and stability.
- Boost Valve technology on the rear shock provides give or firmness as needed.
- Responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever allows fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur prevents the chain from banging while on technical terrain.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 HM MIMS SCL carbon/alloy|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Evolution O/C CTD|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD BV SV|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP 719|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta|