Climb with power and manoeuver with ease. This high-end road bike is ready to conquer one of the highest paved mountain passes in the world. The Nivolet LC 4 we're bringing to MEC has an EBS Race Lector carbon fibre frame that dramatically reduces its overall weight and makes the handling feel effortless. The tube dimensions are calibrated to flex precisely, absorb shock and reduce the amount of road vibration transferred to the rider, so it rides velvety smooth over the kilometres. It is kitted out with an 11-speed drivetrain and a 105 and 105 SL groupset – components that offer near instant shifts and precise velocity control. Overall, it’s a purpose-built bike with features that endorse hammering.
- Toray T-700 high modulus carbon fibre frame. Tube dimensions are calibrated to prevent vibration.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Slim, active flex seat stays are designed to absorb vibration and preserve muscle energy over the kilometres.
- Shimano® 105 and 105 SL components offer precision and excellent value.
- Internal cable routing gives a clean look, protects the cables and keeps out dirt and grime.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Aksium S Wheels use quality sealed cartridge bearings and tight C3 internal clearance. Steel-inserts on the hubs allow 100% aluminum used for the hub body.
- Rims have super smooth surfaces, milled flush after welding.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail."
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ghost Race HM ACR SCL carbon|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-025 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R451 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Shifters||Shimano 105 SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Aksium S|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Mavic Aksium S|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Rims||Mavic Aksium S|
|Tires||Mavic Aksium S 700 x 25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1205|