Lightweight and packable, this insulated midlayer is a welcome friend on a cool day. It uses Polartec’s revolutionary Alpha insulation, hybrid mapped to place insulation where you need it with air permeable fabrics to provide venting. Polartec Alpha insulation is incredibly warm, dries quickly and circulates airflow for great breathability. High efficiency fleece in the hood, sleeves and back wicks moisture and keeps you comfortable.
- Back, arms and hood are Polartec PowerDry polyester and spandex knit fleece.
- Front and side panels are made of ripstop nylon, insulated with Polartec Alpha.
- Lining with polyester stretch mesh.
- Polygiene® active odour control gives you leeway getting it into the wash.
- Fitted hood blocks out the cold and wind.
- Zipper is DWR treatetd to block out the elements.
- Zippered chest pocket and hand pockets with a key clip.
- Hem drawcord inside pockets.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||7-denier nylon|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Thumb loops|