Prana Portia Jacket - Women's
When life throws you clouds, shrug on this jacket and go about your business. With a tailored silhouette and sleek esthetic it travels well and enjoys dinners out. The 2.5 layer, unlined waterproof-breathable coating is adequately waterproof and slightly breathable – but not so much as a technical shell jacket.
- Made of woven polyester that's light, seam-sealed for waterproofness and wrinkle resistant.
- Water resistant DWR finish prolongs the amount of time you can spend dodging rain drops.
- Hood keeps your hair covered.
- Contrast colour waterproof front zip.
- Adjustable ruched waistline and ruched pocket trim.
- Adjustable Velcro® cuff tabs
- Exterior waist drawcord in a contrast colour.
- Interior zippered pocket with media port.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.