These ultralight runners fit like track spikes and perform like trail shoes. GORE-TEX liners are good for rainy-day running. The iconic Nike waffle soles have tapered lugs for powering hills with total control. Flex grooves keep your stride smooth and efficient.
- Uppers are synthetic mesh with a seam-sealed GORE-TEX membrane to keep water out while letting your feet breathe.
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps your foot for comfortable no-slip fit.
- Reflective elements remain visible in low-light conditions.
- Midsoles have moulded sockliners to enhance support underfoot.
- Compression moulded dual-density foam cushions and delivers great forefoot snap and a responsive ride.
- Outsoles have a rugged, waffle tread for traction on varied surfaces, and tapered lugs for running hills efficiently.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.