Because not all days in the mountains are bluebird, these pants are designed for wide-ranging weather conditions on rock, ice and snow. Proven Schoeller fabric has a good amount of give, a robust outer face, and a DWR treatment that keeps the wetness from seeping in.
- Made of Schoeller® stretch woven nylon with NanoSphere Technology DWR for water-resistant weather protection.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets and a zippered cargo pocket on the right thigh.
- Belt loops
- Drawcord hems to batten things down when needed.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Tall inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. If your leg length exceeds the regular inseam measurement on this chart, pick a 'tall' size if available. Not all pants are offered in 'tall' sizes.