Couloirs, exposed rock faces, and powder laden ridges are the natural habitat of the Galaxy Hoody. Often seen blasting through powder pillows or hanging out on bivy ledges, this rugged midlayer uses full-stretch fleece to keep heat in. The smooth outer layer sheds light wind and rain and helps wicks sweat and moisture. Best friends with climbers, hikers and skiers, this mountain piece craves an active life.
- Made of TecStretch Pro full stretch fleece with a soft brushed inner, and smooth outer face for weather resistance.
- Polygiene anti-odour treatment keeps it nice.
- Flat seam construction won’t chafe under a pack or harness.
- Fitted hood helps keep the drafts out.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Elastic cuffs with thumbholes to help keep the sleeves in place.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.