Climbers are a tough breed, but their lives get a little softer with Black Diamond’s Pipe Dream 45. Internal gear loops organize your rack and the spacious main compartment fits draws, rope, harness and helmet. At the crag, loosen the compression straps and fold open the pack to reveal the spacious foam pad. Use it to keep your rope out of the dirt, or to nap between climbs and get in the zone before a big run-out.
- Made of heavyweight nylon with ballistic nylon reinforcements.
- Padded shoulder straps and hip belt are comfortable on long approaches.
- Lid has a zippered compartment and is removable to reduce weight.
- 3-point front closure system folds open to become a padded mat, and compresses the load when the pack isn't full.
- 2 internal gear loops keep draws organized.
|Ideal for||Rock climbing|
|Main fabric||840-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||1260-denier ballistic nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Hipbelt circumference||66-114cm (standard)|
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
|Additional feature(s)||Compression straps|