MEC Col XS Bicycle - Youths
MEC Col XS Bicycle - Youths
- Available prices $725.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
New to the MEC stable is the Col XS, a bike that gives younger riders access to real speed. In fact, don't be surprised if they beat you to the top of the hill. The frame is shaped to provide a fast riding position that feels nimble on the corners and comfortable on the straights. Caliper brakes keep the velocity in check and Alex Rims and Vittoria tires keep the connection to the road responsive. Overall, this is a quality ride that feels quick and opens up longer ride potential for every member of the fam.
- Lightweight 6061 butted aluminum frame with a carbon fork.
- Reliable Shimano® Claris components.
- Shimano 8-speed 13-26T cassette provides an ample gear range for road riding.
- Frame is not set-up for racks or panniers.
- Alex R500 rims.
- Vittoria Rubino tires.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 31.8mm +/- 7º|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC Classic XS 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro R450 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Claris|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Claris|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Sora|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Claris 46- 34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Octalink|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Claris FH-2400|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Claris HB-2400|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG50 8-speed 13-26T|
|Tires||Vittoria Rubino 650 x 23|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Sirio|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.