Nicely ventilated, not too heavy and carries everything for a day hike to Elfin Lakes or the Bruce Peninsula. Trampoline style Cross Wind back system creates space between your back and the pack, so cool air can flow through. Plus, you get padded and contoured shoulder straps with an integrated whistle for safety, easy access zippers, pockets for water bottles, and daisy chains to rig it with extra or bulky items. It even has an integrated rain sleeve to keep your stuff inside dry.
- Made of 210-denier nylon with a water-resistant polyurethane applied to the main fabric and lining.
- Bottom panel at back is reinforced with webbing to prevent it from rubbing your back.
- MEC Cross Wind backpanel uses a thin steel frame to create a trampoline panel next to your back and a space between the pack and your back for serious ventilation.
- Back panel is lined with airmesh.
- Padded, contoured ergonomic straps with a height adjustable sternum strap with integrated whistle.
- Load lifter straps on shoulders.
- Strap keepers prevent dangling and tangling.
- Padded hip stabilizer fins are covered with soft mesh and attached to a wide webbed waist belt.
- YKK zippers throughout.
- Long U-shaped zippered access into main compartment, easy to get into and pack.
- Front stuff-it pocket with hook closure has an internal zippered pocket.
- Dual side mesh water bottles pockets.
- Top zippered pocket has an internal key clip.
- Dual daisy chains on front panel with more on shoulder straps.
- Removable dual hook-and-loop straps and dual loops at bottom of pack, great for stowing axes or trekking poles.
- Hydration sleeve has a hanger hook and elastic routing straps on right shoulder strap.
- Includes a rain cover made of lightweight polyester with a water resistant coating.
|Main fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.