Ridley Fenix AR2 Road Bicycle - Unisex
The stately Fenix rises to glory with the combination of 2 very successful frames: the Excalibur (comfort, lightweight) and Damocles (sharp-edged design). Built for both aerodynamics and strength, this hydroformed aluminum frame stands up to the cobbled climbs and wild weather of northern Europe. For everyday North American riders, this translates into a rigid, powerful ride that offers plenty of stiffness to push against, with dissipated road vibrations to keep you flying comfortably. Ridley relies on the time-tested strength of sharp-edged, diamond-shaped tubes to add strength to the tube profile. Its strength and rigidity are balanced with flattened seatstays so you're not left vibrating at the end of a long ride. A wide top tube flows into an oversized head tube, creating a seamless transition between comfort and stiffness – a give and take that continues throughout your ride.
- Frame is made of triple-butted hydroformed 7000 series T6 aluminum.
- Flat-sectioned seatstays add comfort to the rigid frame, dissipating and absorbing road vibration.
- Diamond tube-shaping has proven strength with high impact resistance, making a very strong, very stiff head, top, and down tube.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Shimano® Tiagra components provide crisp shifts and a reliability that allows the rider to focus on the ride.
- Asymmetric chainstay achieves superior bottom bracket and chainstay stiffness without compromising crankset interference.
- Internal cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Continental tires are race orientated, flexible and protect against punctures to optimize comfort demands and performance.
- Pedals sold separately.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop, Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix 7005 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro R325 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Crank + rings||FSA Omega Compact 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Sora|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 12-28T|
|Rims||Alex Race 28|
|Tires||Continental Grand Sport Race 700 x 23|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.