Put a healthy space between you and the competition. Ridley analyzed every nuance of the Helium to see where excess could be removed and strength could be added. The result is a high-modulus carbon fibre frame that weighs in at less than 1kg. It gives you stiffness to stomp to a sprint finish and the lightness that sails over the loftiest peak. A pressfit bottom bracket optimizes your output, and ultra-thin seatstays increase lateral stiffness and vertical flex. Rounded shaping is used on the seat, top, and down tubes, offering the best stiffness-to-weight ratio with the least amount of material. An oversized, tapered headtube reduces weight and increases stiffness on the front end for heightened steering precision. Superior Ultegra components and a Shimano® 11-speed drivetrain creates highly efficient power transfer from the rider to the road.
- Frame uses high-grade carbon, 30 to 24-ton unidirectional high-modulus carbon fibre, to substantially lighten the frame. An unpainted size medium weighs in at less than 1kg (880g).
- Ultra-thin seatstays enhance your comfort with shock-absorbing vertical flex, balanced with lateral stiffness.
- Top quality Ultegra components with 4ZA Cirrus brakes.
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed drivetrain allows smooth power transfer from the rider to the road.
- Cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset features an oversized flange and Spoke Dynamic Balance technology, incorporating an asymmetric rear rim to increase lateral and torsional rigidity and response for a higher performance lever.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Helium HM carbon|
|Fork||Helium HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||4ZA Cirrus Gel|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|4ZA Cirrus (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra 52-36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
|Hub (front)||Fulcrum Racing 5|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Fulcrum Racing 5|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Rims||Fulcrum Racing 5|
|Tires||Continental Grand Sport Race 700 x 23|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro|