MEC Marikea Short-Sleeved Top - Women's
Beat the heat, skip the creases that linen fabrics are known for. The Marikea Top is a super soft Tencel and linen jersey blend. It has a beautiful flattering drape and is totally reluctant to wrinkle.
- Soft tencel and linen blend stands up to creases
- Tape loops for hanging.
Wondering what to bring hiking? Even if you’re only planning to be out for a few hours on a day hike, it’s important to pack some essential items. Weather can change quickly outdoors, and something as simple as a rolled ankle might mean you’re out longer than expected.
The essentials for hiking and camping (or any activity in the backcountry) are often called “The 10 Essentials.” The 10 essentials list below is adapted from Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills, which groups the essentials into systems.
Before you start packing
Be a smart hiker by being prepared. Knowledge and skills won’t fit in your backpack, but they’re critical to have – if you’re a beginner, check out local hiking groups and learn tips at MEC backcountry workshops. Know your route and plans before you leave, always leave a trip plan with a trusted friend, and make sure your footwear is trail-worthy and comfortable.
the 10 essentials (plus 1):
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.