MEC Sideswept Rain Jacket - Women's
Add contemporary style to your outdoor wardrobe. The fully waterproof fabric offers moderate breathability to suit activities where your heart rate won't reach your training max. Taped seams keep wetness out, and an adjustable hood offers extra protection in case you leave your umbrella on the train. Clean and tailored, this style will stand the test of time and tempests.
- Waterproof-breathable 2.5-layer nylon twill with an inner polyurethane coating.
- Durable water repellent (DWR) finish.
- All seams are taped to keep out wetness.
- Decorative top stitched details throughout.
- 3-panel hood with adjustment tab and drawstring opening.
- Full-length front zip has a storm flap secured with hidden snaps.
- 2 side-entry zippered hand pockets.
- Simple snap adjustable cuffs.
- Slightly rounded hem with fishtail/V notch detail in centre back.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||55-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.