MEC Wind Jammer Jacket - Youths
A packable, lightweight solution to the “Don’t forget a jacket!” problem. This wind shell has elastic edges around the hood, cuffs and hem to block cool winds. It tucks it into its own pocket, so you can jam it in your backpack when you’re travelling, or stow it away on a sunny walk home from school.
- Made of highly windproof, packable 30-denier recycled polyester ripstop.
- DWR (durable water repellency) finish sheds light precipitation.
- 3-panel hood has elastic edges to seal out breezes.
- Front zipper with storm flap and chin guard to protect skin.
- Raglan sleeves feel comfortable under backpack straps.
- Inner chest pocket doubles as an impossible-to-lose stuff sack for the jacket.
- Handwarmer pockets and zippered chest pocket for your front door key.
- Label to write your name inside, so there’s no question it’s yours.
- Reflective trim on the back helps with visibility.
- Centre back length for size 8 is 21.25in. Goes up by an inch for each larger size.
- Machine wash cold. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Iron low when needed. Do not dry clean.
|Face fabric||30-denier recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Recycled content|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.