MSR’s astonishingly-fuel efficient stove system, sized for groups. You can boil enough water for 5 freeze-dried meals or melt snow on an industrial scale and keep 2 to 3 people fully hydrated. The radiant burner and pot bottom heat exchanger squeeze almost every possible joule of energy from each fuel canister, while providing super-fast and nearly weatherproof boiling. The stove packs inside the pot, making the system as compact as it is light.
- 2.5L pot is made of hard anodized aluminum.
- Produces consistent heat output. The burner operates near max at lower fuel pressures and improves output in colder temperatures. An internal regulator equalizes pressure for rapid boil times throughout the life of a canister.
- Integrated windscreen makes the system virtually windproof and weather-resistant.
- Operates to -15°C.
- Stove and pot work as an integrated system. The stove will not support standard flat-bottomed pots.
- Uses MSR LPG canisters (available separately). A 227g canister burns for about 80 minutes and boils about 22L of water.
Stoves are designed to burn specific fuels. All stoves should only be used with recommended fuels to prevent damage.
The average time it takes to boil 1L of water. Wind, air temperature and elevation will affect boil time in the field.
The output of any heat generating device is shown in BTUs (British Thermal Units) which measure the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1lb. of water by 1°F.
|Dimensions||14 x 14 x 18.54cm|
Heat reflectors are placed under the burner and reflect heat back up towards the cooking pot. This helps save fuel and speed cooking time.
Liquid fuel stoves require a fuel pump to pressurize the fuel tank.