Single wall construction packs lighter and smaller than tents with an inner and a fly. They are also quick to set up, which is a boon when it's wet and windy. Vertical walls provide room to stand up and move around, so they make an ideal basecamp shelter or mess tent. Large widows and awnings on the Backcountry Barn allow venting and multiple guyline points let you lash it down when the wind picks up.
- High centre allows you to stand at full height.
- Steep sidewalls maximize interior space.
- Removable bathtub floor (overlaps the walls inside) keeps out creatures and wetness.
- Set it up without the floor to enclose a picnic table or rig an adventure race aid station.
- 8 mesh pockets provide storage.
- 3 interior lantern hooks allow gracious living in camp.
- Large covered front and rear windows provide ventilation.
- Awnings over front window and door, and rear window for weather protection.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||Nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.88m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||71 x 30cm|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.