MEC Hold Steady Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
If you want an urban bike that's a little smoother and a little faster, the Hold Steady makes an unwavering impression. It's equipped with top quality components, including a rear internal 8-speed gear hub that allows you to switch gears anytime and in any conditions. This bike requires less frequent maintenance and will get you comfortably to your destination with time to spare.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminum frame with tapered tubing to add strength and improve ride quality.
- 700 wheels with 32mm tires are less likely to get punctures.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Super light carbon fibre fork absorbs road shock well.
- Quality Shimano® Alfine components.
- Race Face Ride series stem and low-riser bars offer an upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- MEC grips provide comfort for long rides.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Saddle has a waterproof cover and gel padding to absorb road shock.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alfine Rapid Fire|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alfine 45T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Alfine|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Alfine 8-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Alfine 18T|
|Rims||Mavic XM319 Disc|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.