Make yourself at home on wind-tossed ridgelines or soggy thickets. A superlight tent from Big Agnes, the Foidel Canyon lets you stretch your backpacking season into spring and fall. 30-denier Dyneema fabric (so light, so strong) with a mesh inner retains warmth, shelters you from strong winds, and allows comfortable ventillation. It makes luxury accommodations for a solo backpacker or paddler, but still lets you feel a bit smug about how light your pack is.
- Seams are taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape that contains no PVC or VOCs.
- 2 doors and 2 vestibules with storm flaps so everyone has their own access at night.
- Quick stash tent body door is easy to stow when unzipped.
- Quick set-up with a symmetrical pole structure and plastic tent clips that snap easily to the frame.
- Poles are DAC aluminum with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs.
- Reflective guylines and webbing on corners for easy staking, less tripping.
- 2 media pockets with earbud cord routing above sleeping area let you plug into your phone or music player.
- 4 interior mesh pockets for organization.
- Includes 12 lightweight aluminum stakes.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.09m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||13 x 53cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.9sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.9sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.