MEC Obsession Jacket - Men's
Astonishingly breathable and packable, this warm layer won't shut down your ability to keep moving. Designed for climbing and skiing in colder temps, the Obsession Jacket adds an extra dose of Polartec Alpha insulation through the body and tops of arms. Most insulated jackets have a tightly woven outer layer, which limits their breathability. But with a light soft shell fabric covering the insulation and stretch panels through the back and underarms, the Obsession offers venting so you won't overheat en route. It's DWR-treated to shed water, and the streamlined cut works as a mid-layer or an outer layer for going hard in the alpine.
- Made of 20-denier nylon stretch-woven soft shell that's wind resistant yet highly breathable.
- Quilted 100g high-pile Polartec Alpha synthetic insulation provides exceptional breathability and traps warmth even when wet.
- Lined with lightweight 30-denier ripstop nylon with high air permeability.
- Underam panels venting panels are super-breathable schoeller®-dynamic soft shell.
- Outer surfaces are DWR treated for protection from light rain and snow.
- High collar with a foldover chinguard to protect your skin.
- Internal stormflap covers zipper.
- Raglan style sleeves for comfort under pack straps.
- Exterior chest pocket and interior chest pocket for stashing bars, maps and other small stuff.
- Bottom hem and cuffs are elasticated to seal warmth in and weather out.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.