Montrail Mtn Masochist III Trail Running Shoes - Men's
Show the trail who's in charge. These shoes respond well to aggressive terrain and can take miles of pounding on loose, muddy ground.
- Uppers are synthetic mesh with webbing overlays for well-fitting comfort during extended trail time.
- Protective toe caps.
- Gusseted tongues keep out trail debris.
- Midsoles are medial-posted for pronation control with dual-density EVA.
- Fluidfoam midsoles are supported with Fluidframe technology for long-lasting stability and comfort.
- Full length flexible layers of dense EVA between midsoles and outsoles smooth out trail irregularities.
- Outsoles are Gryptonite®, with large angled forefoot blades for grip on loose or muddy terrain and digging lugs on the perimeter, all optimized for use on technical trails.
- Medium volume fit with a roomy toe box.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.