La Sportiva Helios SR Trail Running Shoes - Men's
Sticky soled shoes for stability on technical trails. These neutral shoes have a rock guard to protect the soles of your feet and waves of rubber on ground contact surfaces, designed for traction that won't start to feel heavy on the home stretch.
- Uppers are HyDrain mesh, lined with wicking EVA and exceptional breathability and quick draining.
- Poly Grid construction offers a precise fit.
- TPU lace harness.
- Rock guard in the forefoot to blunt impacts as you run.
- Flexible midsole uses soft, light foam wrapped by sticky rubber for cushioning that adapts to running surfaces. outsole is a unique design that has the Frixion rubber along the edge of the sole, and then alternates rubber and gaps for better traction and lighter weight
- Outsoles are Vibram Frixion AT/VA Wave, with rubber edging the sole and waves rubber through the centre that offer both traction and lightness.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Minimalist and natural|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.