When you’re halfway across a parched talus field, you’ll be glad of the Aircontact system. It lets air pass between your back and the pack so that you stay cooler and have more energy when you need it. Narrow shoulder straps, short torso length and a curved hip belt are designed for women or small-statured people. Front zippered access makes it easy to find your camera or water bottle and an integrated rain cover keeps your gear dry even if you’re soaking wet.
- Aircontact back system allows air to pass between the pack and your back to keep your body temperature lower.
- Women’s specific harness has a shorter back length.
- Shoulder straps have 3D air mesh lining and are sized and curved to fit women.
- Air mesh hip fins offer excellent ventilation and tuck away when you don’t need them.
- Top loading with a fixed lid and spindrift collar.
- Zippered front access into the main compartment.
- Hydration compartment holds up to a 3L reservoir.
- Integrated rain cover clips to the top of the bag to prevent water getting in.
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||600-denier polyester|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.