A compact touring kayak in a low volume version for smaller, lighter paddlers. The Islay slides easily onto cars and into garages, yet holds everything you need for a weekend escape. If you’re new to paddling, you’ll appreciate this boat’s stability. If you’re more experienced, you’ll love how the excellent edging lets you carve gracefully across the water. This super-affordable inland/coastal cruiser now rocks a new contoured seat with a floating backrest for even more luxury.
- Full volume bow lifts over waves for a drier ride.
- Long waterline length and squared-off stern provide steady speed.
- Roomy cockpit for comfort and thigh grips for control.
- Notches on the foredeck hold your paddle while you grab a snack or take photos.
- Deck rigging holds spare paddles and other essentials.
- Deck flats for installing fishing rod holders.
- Supple rubber hatch covers are exceptionally watertight.
- SmartTrack rudder has foil-shaped blade to reduce drag and increase turning efficiency.
|Hull material||Single-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 9in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|89 x 48cm (35 x 19in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
|Made in||United Kingdom|