MEC Monsoon Jacket - Men's
Slip on this jacket for wet days running around town, for a soul-restoring stroll after work, or even for a day hike in damp weather. It delivers the waterproof-breathable comfort of 2-layer GORE-TEX® and won't break your wallet. The fit is stylish, yet roomy enough for insulating layers beneath, and there are lots of pockets to stash your wallet, gloves, or snacks. A supple polyester lining makes the Monsoon soft and quiet, without the cardboardy feel often found on inexpensive waterproof-breathables.
- Made of 2-ply GORE-TEX with fully taped seams.
- Lined with recycled polyester.
- Adjustable hood stows inside collar.
- 2 large easy-access handwarmer pockets, and 2 front drop-in pockets.
- 2 external chest pockets and 1 internal security pocket.
- 1-way zipper.
- Waist and hem cinch toggle adjustments.
- Thigh-length cut for maximum weather protection.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.