Ridley's flagship bike has a top-level carbon frame and an ultra-streamlined shape. A sprinter's dream, it's built with wind-cheating droplet-shaped tubes and an aerodynamic coating that drops wind resistance by about 4%. To make it even slicker, the carbon fork reduces drag by another 7.4%. The Noah SL 30 features a Shimano® Ultegra and 105 11-speed drivetrain for smooth power transfer to the road. Ultegra also handles velocity control, to ensure you keep the speed exactly where you want it. 4ZA Cirrus and Cirrus Pro round out the other components, like stem, handlebars, and saddle. With Fulcrum’s Racing Quattro wheelset, the Noah SL 30 feels agile and aerodynamic.
- 60 to 30 ton high-modulus unidirectional carbon frame is built from the ground up, using a blend of differing strength carbon fibres. Higher ton ratings indicate stronger carbon and a stiffer, lighter frame.
- F-surface technology strategically places textured surfacing in areas where the air slips off the frame, to smooth overall airflow and reduce drag by approximately 4.1%.
- Droplet shaped, aero-optimizing tubes to make it easier for the airstream to closely follow the profile of the bike.
- Shimano Ultegra and 105 drivetrain delivers smooth power transfer from rider to road to make an exceptionally efficient ride.
- Splits in the F-split fork act as aerofoils and help to pull air away from the wheels (and spokes) reducing turbulence and drag.
- Oversized tapered headtube increases the contact area of the lower headset bearing to add rigidity and dissipate vibrations.
- Seatpost clamp is hidden to reduce drag.
- Internal cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Pedals sold separately.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Noah SL HM carbon|
|Fork||Noah F-split HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ridley Noah SL Aero carbon|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra 52-36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
|Hub (front)||Fulcrum Racing Quattro|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Fulcrum Racing Quattro|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Rims||Fulcrum Racing Quattro|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport 700 x 23|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro|