Move from spring touring to rime-crusted ridges with this technical soft shell layer. It uses windproof GORE-TEX® WINDSTOPPER® that's DWR finished, and is complemented by stretch-woven underarm panels that add reliable breathability when you're on the move. The design moves the seams off the tops of shoulders to make it compatible with a pack, and high pockets sit above a pack waistband or a harness. An internal storm flap behind the zipper and hood with a laminated visor round out this alpine worthy package.
- Made of 3-layer GORE-TEX WINDSTOPPER with DWR finish in the body for windproofness and water resistance.
- Stretch-woven, soft shell fabric under the arms adds excellent breathability.
- Optimal Visibility Hood has a laminated visor to shield your eyes and retail sightlines, while maintaining unrestricted motion.
- Vislon zipper has an internal storm flap and soft fleece chin guard.
- Modified Y-Joint sleeves allow a full range of motion, and off-shoulder seams are comfortable under a pack.
- 2 high handwarmer pockets have mesh pocket bags, zipper garages, and are compatible with a harness and pack.
- Shaped cuffs have hook-and-loop adjustments.
- Dual adjust drawcord hem seals out weather.
|Face fabric||Nylon + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|