Helly Hansen Nine K Rain Jacket - Women's
This appealing rain jacket is fully waterproof and breathable and great for urban missions in uncertain weather. The Hellytech fabric sheds rain and bus-sized splashes, while the collar and hood offer protection from gusts.
- Made of waterproof-breathable 2-layer Hellytech polyester that's windproof and fully seam sealed.
- DWR treatment sheds water and dirt.
- Full mesh lining keeps the inside feeling dry.
- Fixed hood keeps out wind and spray.
- Anti-chafe chin guard.
- YKK front zip is protected with a storm flap.
- YKK zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Adjustable wrist cuffs.
- Bottom hem adjustment cord.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.