A folding bike is superb for multi-modal commuting: it stores in your closet, packs up for your train ride and stashes under your desk at work. Cruise it to a party and when it's time to leave, tuck it under your arm and grab a taxi home. You can even toss it in the car when you're heading out camping. The Origami outrides ordinary folders with superior hinging and a stiff frame that neither flexes nor creaks. Internal hub gearing reduces grease transfer whether you’re riding it or carrying it. Built-in fenders ensure rain won’t slow you down.
- Centre hinge allows lightweight 6061 aluminum frame to fold back on itself.
- Tern V-brakes are powerful and easy to maintain.
- Adjusts to fit riders from 147 to 188cm (4ft. 10in. to 6ft. 2in.) supports a max weight of 105kg (230lb.).
- 7-speed internal hub allows rider to change gears whether pedalling or not. Gear range suits most city riding.
- For transport, seat post telescopes into the frame, handlebars telescope and fold flat and pedals fold against the crank.
- 20 x 1.5in. tires provide plenty of cushioning.
- Folded size is approximately 34 x 67 x 64cm.
- Integral rear rack keeps packs and cargo off your back.
- Full-size floor pump is hidden inside the seat post (BioLogic PostPump 2.0), so it’s always ready when you need it. Integrated Schrader and Presta adapter.
- Note: Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Tern M-series 6061 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tern (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||BioLogic Chime|
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus Revo|
|Crank + rings||Kinetix Supra|
|Hub (front)||Tern Mini|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 7-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Tires||Impac Streetpac 20 x 1.5|