A folding bike is superb for multi-modal commuting: it stores in your closet, packs up for your train ride and stashes under your desk at work. Cruise it to a party and when it's time to leave, tuck it under your arm and grab a taxi home. You can even toss it in the car when you're heading out camping. The Origami outrides ordinary folders with superior hinging and a stiff frame that neither flexes nor creaks. Internal hub gearing reduces grease transfer whether you’re riding it or carrying it. Built-in fenders ensure rain won’t slow you down.
- Centre hinge allows lightweight 6061 aluminum frame to fold back on itself.
- Tern V-brakes are powerful and easy to maintain.
- Adjusts to fit riders from 147 to 188cm (4ft. 10in. to 6ft. 2in.) supports a max weight of 105kg (230lb.).
- 7-speed internal hub allows rider to change gears whether pedalling or not. Gear range suits most city riding.
- For transport, seat post telescopes into the frame, handlebars telescope and fold flat and pedals fold against the crank.
- 20 x 1.5in. tires provide plenty of cushioning.
- Folded size is approximately 34 x 67 x 64cm.
- Integral rear rack keeps packs and cargo off your back.
- Full-size floor pump is hidden inside the seat post (BioLogic PostPump 2.0), so it’s always ready when you need it. Integrated Schrader and Presta adapter.
- Note: Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Frame||Tern M-series 6061 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tern (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||BioLogic Chime|
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus Revo|
|Crank + rings||Kinetix Supra|
|Hub (front)||Tern Mini|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 7-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Tires||Impac Streetpac 20 x 1.5|