This scaled-down Prospector delivers everything that made the original the go-to canoe for tripping and family paddling. Compact and responsive, It retains stability to transition between lakes and rivers. Its maneuverability makes it a fun tandem play boat, with the agility and high volume ends needed to romp through whitewater.
- Fibreglass hull is made with woven cloth rather than chopped strand mat, for lightness and strength at an affordable price. Nova Craft’s fibreglass lay-ups are among the lightest and most rugged on the market.
- Interior paint protects the fibreglass against UV degradation.
- Shoe keel protects the bottom and enhances tracking in flat water.
- Gunwales are black anodized, aircraft-grade aluminum, with aluminum-reinforced ABS end decks for minimal maintenance.
- Seats are nylon laced ash, thwarts are ash.
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
The bow height is the distance from the bottom of the hull to the top of the gunwale measured at the bow of the boat.
The rocker is the degree of upward curve along the bottom, from one end of the canoe to the other.